Saturday, March 20, 2010

What the bag lady drank

I want my own mountain! Probably not gonna happen, though.

I am still a [tea]bag lady today. I tried two quite different offerings from my stash, Harney's Winter White Earl Gray and Mighty Leaf's Chocolate Mint Truffle.

The Chocolate Mint Truffle is really an herbal tisane, made of rooibos, chocolate nibs, and mint. It comes in a cellophane individually wrapped cotton teabag and is brewed with boiling water for 5 minutes. It smells and tastes just like its name. Very, very tasty. I liked it plain, but it has enough strength you could add some cream and sugar if you wanted to. It would make a great after dinner drink or something nice for your kids after school.


Harney's offering is another story, as this is a real tea, made from the camellia sinensis plant. It is bergamot blended with Chinese Mutan tea. I did not find it to be so much a bergamot scent and flavor as a gentle lemon. I tried, but I could not really get the taste of the white tea. Bergamot can be tricky. I bought some of this quite a while ago and I wasn't really impressed then either. However, for those of you who really like very mild teas, this may be for you.

I belong to a number of different tea groups. In one of them I came across an offer from Suffuse Teas, USA. They are a South African manufacturer of Rooisbos teas. They offered me some to try and they just arrived yesterday, so you will soon be hearing about them. In fact, you'll be hearing about a lot of different teas, as I have received a number of samples from several companies. Lots of fun to look forward to!





















No comments: