Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Raspberry Tart

This on the island of Ischia, in the northern half of the Bay of Naples, Italy. My husband's grandfather was from this lovely place.

Today's tea choice is another sample - Raspberry Tart from Teas Etc.

It smelled divine in the package, very raspberryish with perhaps a hint of chocolate and a whiff of good fresh tea. I brewed it up and it still smelled fine, with perhaps a touch of astingency from the tea. The liquor was a nice medium red-brown. However, the taste was not to my liking. Tasted of raspberries with a hint of chocolate, but I just didn't like it. I added a small bit of sugar to it and that just made it worse. I will say the quality of the tea is quite good.
Oh well, I should remember I am not a big fruity fan, but raspberries are my favorite summer fruit. Sigh.

News flash! Bert, the bratty kitten, just swilled down a bunch of this tea. Two kittens who like tea is two much!!

Oh my goodness, I won Teaviews August $100 shopping spree! So I happily went to Teavana's site and drooled over what I might get. Woo hoo! Everyone who signs up for Teaviews newsletter is entered. So you at least get a nice newsletter out of the deal.

2 comments:

Veri-Tea said...

Oh wow - so jealous of you winning the Teaviews shopping spree :)

My kitteh doesn't like tea so far as I know, but he does like marmalade and honey leftover on plates from toast in the morning (and also occasionally vegemite, but that's because he's an Aussie kitteh).

Marlena said...

Aren't they all something else? Thanks for writing, M