Friday, February 19, 2010

No Bed of Roses

This is another view of the German church, which some of my ancestors attended. Love the sun and blue sky!


Oh dear, this was not a good day for my tea tasting. We spent a lot of it getting our vacuum cleaner back - $50 to get a cat toy out of it!!!!!, although we did get the toy back. We then ate at a good Chinese buffet. Not so hot tea. Not that I expected much else. It did go with the food, but that's about all you could say for it.


When we got home I decided to try Kam Man Yunnan Rose Black Tea. I had never heard of this company, so I looked them up. They apparently are a huge Asian grocery in New Jersey, which my swap partner has been to. The dry tea was very black, small leaves with a faint scent of rose, less than I expected. I brewed it for 3 minutes with boiling water, which brought out the rose a bit more. It was a beautiful dark red amber. Sadly, the tea didn't taste like much. In fact, it was rather odd, almost like that white paste we had in kindergarten. I might have liked it then, but I prefer my tea to taste like tea. I think some of the problem may be that Yunnan tea has a particular scent and taste that is pretty distinctive and one that I would think would be difficult to combine with a floral. I could see spices melding with them better, maybe chocolate or nuts.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I just got some tea from The Tea Spot, so on to better things.

No comments: