Monday, May 31, 2010

A Little Bit of This...

Everywhere, the mountains.

I am not reviewing tea today, as we are having unexpected company and I want to clean up what I can and make them food, so I'll just share some bits of information, mostly about tea, with you. Have a pleasant Memorial Day and do remember what it is about. I wish there were a better answer to conflict than war so we would not need to remember so many dead and damaged young men and women. I am thankful for our freedom, but I am appalled at the cost.


I don't remember where I heard about this, but it works. If you are making tea in the microwave – surely NOT one of us, (LOL ) put a plastic spoon in the cup with it. This enables bubbles to flow up the spoon instead of exploding your tea all over the micro and therefore making a mess and negating the calming effects of tea. Some of us do occasionally make tea this way, especially on bleary mornings, but I'm not naming them.


I happened to be awake this morning as the sun was getting up and the world was changing from gray half-tones to color. What really fascinated me was the ground mist, which seemed to rise as the strip of pink on the horizon widened. While there was no sun, there was no mist and once the sun was up for a while, it went away. I am sure there is a scientific explanation for this, but I just appreciated it.


For those of you who like Tea Gschwendner, they are opening a new retail store in Rockefeller Center in New York City. It will be opening the end of June in the Channel Gardens, near the ice skating rink. The company says it will be their “flagship” store. Oh gee, another reason to visit the Big Apple.


The World Tea Expo is happening in Las Vegas in just 2 weeks. If you go to www.worldteaexpo.com you will be able to preview a number of new products. I was pleased to see that Ajiri Tea, which I reviewed a while back, won the top honor for best packaging. Since all their profits go to educate orphans, this is really a boost for them. Their tea's not bad either. Someday I hope to get to this exciting event. It certainly would've been a good break from moving.

No comments: