Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mango Tea and Pear Tea

The picture -Still in Ravenna, same church, side aisle.
We canned peaches today. I love the smell and the wonderful
satisfaction of opening them in the depths of winter. I feel conn
-ected to all those women before me who provided for their families. I put some candied ginger in with them and they are
sublime.
Decided I needed a tea to go with the smell in the house, but lacking a peach tea, I looked through my samples that I am trying to try,[ so I can go on to the new ones - so disciplined!] and found a mango Ceylon.
This particular sample is from Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse in Colorado. www.boulderteahouse.com I don't know when or where I got it, but it's been a while. Upon opening it, there was a very clear smell of a very fresh Ceylon with a nice breath of good dried mango. The leaves were small and very very black. I brewed it the standard, for me 212 degrees for 3 minutes. It was really good, with a very nice mango flavor on top of a surprisingly good Ceylon.
When I went to their website, they no longer had this particular tea, but they had another mango that sounded just like it - I may have to buy some.
I bought some new storage tins and one of the new teas I got was going in one - Simpson and Vail's Pear. The smell is wonderful - really like pears, not pear candy or fake pear flavor, but good dried pears. Can't wait to try it but I am going to make myself wait until I make the Swiss dried pear bread I bought the tea to go with. Isn't that an awful sentence?

No comments: