Friday, March 26, 2010

A Peachy Day

To market, to market, to buy..... A mix of new trailers for the farmers and the old (1500's) community building.

It's another sunny day! We did, however, have snow last night and it still hasn't melted from the deck. The cats' water dish still has ice on it. Us ole weather possums knew we'd have some more white stuff!

A perfect day for a “sunny” warming cup of Adagio's Peachy Oolong. This particular batch was a gift from Adagio. It comes in a pretty box of 15 teabags with nice big peaches on the front, each bag individually wrapped in something shiny. I never know if it is metal or plastic. The bags are those nice big pyramids and definitely smell like peaches. I brewed it up with boiling water, per instructions, for about 3.5 minutes. The brew is a dark amber that tastes just like fresh peaches, in a way. Nothing really tastes like fresh peaches, but this is good, with a nice, solid tea base. It is not a light fluffy tea, as the base Oolong is a more roasted one. Definitely nice for a bag! I think I will do it at a lower temperature next time, as I think Oolongs are better at about 190 degrees.

Since I am continuing my downsizing, I was packing away some antique tea tins and came across another one with tea in it. I figured, what the heck, the water's hot, let's see how it is. It is Tong's Mandarin Choicest Orange Pekoe Tea, from the Wah Cha Company. Cha is tea in Chinese, hence – The Wah Tea Company. The leaves are all small and most are broken – this is an antique, remember. I brewed it for about 2 minutes with boiling water. One word describes it – ICK. Oh well, win some, lose some. Not that I expected much. It's fun to experiment anyway.












































































3 comments:

Steph said...

I am also in the process of downsizing. It's actually been *fun*!

Bernideen said...

We are also working on projects at home. Tonight we are going to take the door off and see if we can push an old sofa into the garage.

Marlena said...

Woo hoo, now that's fun! Some of it I don't mind, it's kind of a thrill to see how much you can get rid of. The hard part was the books- my pets! LOL