Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gingering Up The Day

I love covered bridges!


I was looking through my tea stash today and came across a bag of Tea Forte's Ginger Lemongrass. Since I like both these herbs, I thought I might as well try it. These are very cute, stiff pyramid shaped bags with a little green covered wire stem and leaf to secure the bag to the cup, so you don't need to fish it out with your fingers. All I could think was, no wonder these are so expensive. It was also wrapped in thin cardboard. The ingredients were ginger, lemongrass, licorice root, lemon peel and spearmint, all organic.


I brewed it as for any herb tea – boiling water for about 5 minutes. It's a nice tisane, tasting and smelling like ginger. The bag allows the herbs contents to expand. It tastes like good quality ginger, with the very barest hint of lemon and a bit of bitterness from the peel. Pleasant, cute, expensive (about $1.00 a bag or more); I can buy good enough ginger tea locally for 1/20th the price, so I don't think I'll be buying any. I got this one in a tea swap.

1 comment:

parTea lady said...

I've seen this brand of tea and also thought it was a little pricey. One of these days I'll pick up a box at Marshalls or Ross at a discount.
The ginger lemongrass flavor sounds appealing and also the fact that the ingredients are organic. Thanks for the review.