Friday, April 6, 2012

It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming!

Today in the Christian world is Good Friday, when we remember the sufferings of Jesus Christ.  I use today and tomorrow as a time of quiet and meditation, to get ready to CELEBRATE on Easter.  I am reminded of a comment by Tony Campollo - "It's Friday, but Sunday's coming!"

Tonite is also the beginning of Passover in the Jewish faith, when they and we remember that the Angel of Death "passed over" the Isrealites and led to their freedom from the slavery of the Egyptians.

I don't know about other faith's celebrations at this time of year, but I hope you all enjoy them.  I hope they are filled with peace, love and joy abundant.  I'll be back on Monday.

3 comments:

Steph said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Bernideen said...

I have been to see the empty tomb in Israel and truly it is so exciting to know and see Golgotha close by and the empty tomb! Happy Resurrection Sunday!

Alex Zorach said...

This is random, but I really like Tony Campolo. I've heard him speak and he's pretty compelling.