Saturday, September 18, 2010

Birthday Party!

I love the half timbering on these houses. I love the fact they've been there for 400 years.

I got my new license today - good for 8 years. It should be - it cost enough. I even look good. Most of the time I either look crazy or like some criminal. I don't know why that is, but it seems to happen to most people.

Tonight there is a birthday party at our house for 4 of us friends who are celebrating this month. There will be at least 2 cakes and of course, tea! I am letting people choose their own, as most are not much into tea or only drink herbal or decaf. I made a maraschino cherry nut pond cake ans I think there will also be a pineapple upside down one as well. These two are my husband's favorites, so he's in heaven.

However, this afternoon I had some tea from Simpson and Vail, Kenya Milima Estate Black. Dry there wasn't a lot of scent and the leaves were tiny. At first I thought they were the little CTC ones, but after they brewed I could see they were just chopped. I used heaping spoonfuls and I was only going to brew it for 2 minutes, but got distracted, so it went for about 3.5. Oh oh, I thought, but I was pleasantly surprised, as the tea was almost sweet and definitely mild and pleasant. It smelled almost of chocolate, with a very deep dark cherry edge. None of that came out in the taste, sadly, but this would definitely make a nice afternoon tea.

2 comments:

Bernideen said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Steph said...

Congratulations and happy birthday!