Monday, December 7, 2009

Welcoming Ava Rose


Today is a super good day! We welcome to the world, Ava Rose, our first great- niece! We are all very excited – it's been a long time since we have had a baby in the family.
I think an appropriate tea to celebrate would be Simpson and Vail's Rose-Kissed Jasmine. This smells like the old-fashioned, but still popular, shrub Mock Orange aka Syringa or Philadelpheus, to be proper.
These shrubs bloom about May/June where we are and they smell absolutely wonderful. So does this tea. It is a green tea, scented with roses and jasmine and tastes just as good as it smells. I usually brew a big teaspoon in about 180 degree water for 2 minutes. You need to be careful as it does get bitter easily, which really spoils it. This is definitely one of S&V's successes.
I was making my first batch of Christmas cookies, for my book club meeting, and this was a perfect tea to have with some of the “home cookies” - those that have gone over to the dark side or the leftover scraps I really shouldn't roll anymore.

1 comment:

Steph said...

congratulations for you family!