Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not So Good Day for Tasting

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, lots of sunshine, not too cold, great day for a walk. This time we were alone, with no show-offs along for the jaunt. Our hibiscus is blooming again, one is a coral and the other a double cherry-pop red. The second lot of narcissus have started and they smell soooooo good. I don't even get tired of the aroma. The next to come, in a few weeks will be an amaryllis. I love flowers in the winter.



It's a good day for tea, as is almost every day. Far Western Trading Company is on tap today, with their Grand Keemun, China Black Tea. Dry, the leaves are somewhat long and thin, with almost a grayish cast to the black leaves. I brewed it on the strong side - 9 teaspoons for a 7 cup pot and let it do its thing for 3.5 minutes. I can't say anything about the aroma as something burned on the oven floor and that is pretty much the smell in the house.

Because of that, I don't think this is a good day for tea tasting and I can't give this a fair trial, as smell is so closely related to taste. I 'll have some more tomorrow and let you know then.

No comments: