Saturday, January 15, 2011

Explorations on the Tea Web

In the middle of the beautiful city of Austria, right in front of the
palace, there are these big holes in the ground. They are the Roman ruins! If you look carefully in the upper middle of the picture you will see a round hole, which provided running water. Yup, the Romans had running water and bathrooms far more similar to ours than any other time up to the early days of the 20th century.


I am suffering from an extreme case of laziness today and I am not trying any teas I haven't already told you about. I am saving my palate for going to a Turkish restaurant tonight. I've never been to one, so I am really looking forward to it. Some friends found it just by chance and so a bunch of us are having a new experience.

Instead, I am going to tell you about some interesting things I found on the tea blogs I frequent.
The Odd Box that is part of the United Kingdom blog has some interesting things - go to www.tea.co.uk and check it out. They also feature many tea rooms if yyou are lucky enough to be going there any time soon.

At the Tea Gallery, there is an interesting article on aged gyokura, that very famous and expensive Japanese tea. Most people try to get the freshest, but some Japanese age it for about a year and say it is much better. Read about it here www.theteagallery.blogspot.com

Last but not least is a handy chart on tea processing, with explanations. This can be found at http://greatteas.com/about


Tomorrow I will reort on the Turkish restaurant and if they have tea or just those tiny cups of coffee. For now, I will finish the vacuuming and take a little nap.


No comments: