Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Samples and Surprises

Two items that may be of interest to you:

The first is that Tea Chat is sponsoring some sample tastings and discussions on it's forum. You might want to go on over to www.teachat.com scroll down to Tea and Teaware and click on New! OTTI. It's too late to sign up for the first 3 rounds, but you can join Tea Chat - it's free and no one contacts you - so you can sign up for future samplings.

Samples abound at many tea merchants. The latest one I heard of seems to be a really good deal. It is at www.englishteastore.com In the search box put in tea sampler. You will want English favorites. You get 5 teabags of 5-6 different teas for $5.79. They have others. Aura Teas also has several sample packages. These are a great way to see what you like, without a large outlay of funds.

Round Three of the Castleton Estate Tea from Silver Leaf Tea. I made really strong ice tea with it and lo and behold! I found some flavor. It is very nice this way. I used about 1/2 cup to my 1.5 quart pitcher and put it in the frig for about 6 hours. It came out a very pretty pale pumpkin, with a pleasant floral/slightly grape, slightly smokey taste. I am glad I found a use for it other than mulch.

No comments: