Sunday, July 15, 2012

Kool Kitties and Hot Tea

Although this is a summer picture, I know there is snow up above us and I am remembering the cool!
I had heard good things about Tea Vivre, so I ordered some sample packets from them.  Today I am having Organic Superfine Keemun Fragrant Black Tea.  It brewed in the time it took to type the name.  lol  It certainly is fragrant.  Sometimes flowery, sometimes biscuity, sometimes a bit like roasted corn, there's a lot going on here.  I brewed a pot with the sample at 194 (90C) degrees for 21/2 minutes.  The flavor is doing the same thing.  Each sip seems to have its own character.  Sometimes a trace of floral, sometimes biscuits, sometimes the roasted corn comes to the fore.  I am not getting any winey-ness and that I would like.  Nevertheless, it is a fine tea.

I know we are all hot.  I can tell - all the cats are lying in the breeze of the air conditioning.  Including one on the dresser, where it blows across his tummy.  He may no longer be the "good" kitty, but the Ernster is now the "smart" kitty.

It has been a regular riot out on the bird feeders, with everyone bringing their families to eat.  The poor little woodpeckers have gone to my neighbors to eat, there are too many jays and grackles here.  The adult jays have such a soft voice when they are talking to their young, it is amazing, since they really are terrible loudmouths the rest of the time.  The red-bellied woodpeckers are still here - no one wants to mess with their big bills.

I find myself practically somnolent in the afternoons - it feels like the heat just sits on my head and all I can think of is iced tea, a hammock and a simple book.  Not a time for improving my mind.

1 comment:

Bernideen said...

I regret now starting my thing of feeding the squirrels - there is an explosion of them and I run out of peanuts way to fast now!