Friday, April 23, 2010

Not much tea here

I like the horse!

Yesterday we took more stuff to our new house and went out to lunch in Owego. The first cafe we tried was too crowded so we went to the next one. Happy surprise. It is a very small dining room, in the rear of a cooking shop, but on the river. The food was good, and... they had loose leaf tea! I had something called Black Forest. It is from Metropolitan Tea, a wholesale company. Huge leaves, in a T-sac or something similar. Very interesting stuff. It had a slightly smokey taste and smell and went beautifully with my baklava dessert! I wasn't in full tea appreciation mode, so that's all I can say right now, but I will go again and do a fuller review. That makes 3!!! tea places in my new town. Woo Weee!

If you are a Japanese green tea fan, you might want to check out www.o-cha.com. Not only do they sell a wide variety of tea, but they have a good bit of information on green teas. Almost made me want to order some, but then I remembered that I don't like much Japanese green tea. But if you do, check them out.

Today we spent buying a small desk, lunching with our new neighbors and unpacking more stuff. We did stop for a cup of Yunnan Noir from Adagio, but again, it wasn't as good as when I have it here – I think the water filter makes a big difference.

I have been reading some articles on Brazilian Mate and Argentinian Mate and will soon fill you in on what they have to say. I won't be trying a lot of new teas in the next month or so as we are in high gear with the moving, which is likely to happen the end of May. So much to do, so little time!

No comments: