Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer Tea and Goodies

Lemon seltzer and ice tea.  I was a little reluctant to try this - didn't want to waste my tea if it wasn't good.  However, it is really good.  I used about 3/4 tea and 1/4 seltzer.  Just a hint of lemon and just a hint of sparkle.  I'll have to keep it in mind for tea punches.

It's been a happy summer in my family.  On one side, a lovely wedding for Eric and Lindsey and on the other, the birth of twins, Henry and Maggie and two new homes for young couples. How easy it is to forget how very tiny newborns are, especially when they are twins.  Raise a cup of tea with me for these new beginnings, full of joy and hope for the future

I need to make some corrections to my summer pizza - the oven temperature should be 400 and the tomato slices are better thinner than thicker.  I decided I like some cheese sprinkled on top.  Tomatoes and cheese go very well together.

I have been following an Indian recipe blog - www.ecuury.com/blog - and one of the latest recipes was for Mango Lemon Thyme pops.  I changed the recipe and just made mango, coconut sherbert.  Very easy and soooooooooooo good.  Four pureed ripe mangoes, a pinch of salt. 2 tablespoons lemon juice and a can of coconut cream. Whiz it up in your processor or blender and freeze and there you have it.  No cooking.  I was too lazy to go out and look for the lemon thyme.  I got rave reviews and so will you.

Let's continue along the mango line.  I had two mangoes leftover, so I decided to make mango pops.  This time I pureed the mangoes, added a cup of very strong mango flavored tea, about 1/4 cup of light corn syrup and froze them.  So yummy.  Actually, I have trying to make pops out of the"bottom of the pot" when I make a bit too much tea and so far, I really love Jasmine Tea Pops.  Try this with your teas and see how you like them.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Mmmm...will have to try those pops!

Bangkok gems said...

I like your post very much , i like to read this article post