Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Have I Got A Recipe For You!

Let's see, there's chai, chocolate and Snickerdoodle Cookies.  Now, roll that all into 1 cookie and you have yourself a very tasty treat.  I came across the recipe in Taste of Home Magazine and I thought I would try it.  If you like those 3 things, this is for you.  They are sooo good and they would be wonderful for a fall tea.  In fact, since today feels like fall, it's a good time to have them.  Katie Wollgast from Missouri sent the recipe in.

Chocolate Chai Snickerdoodles  oven 350

Combine 2 1/2 cups sugar,1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. ginger, 1 tsp cardamom, 1/2 tsp allspice and 1/4 tsp white pepper.  Mix well.
Set aside 1/2 cup of the mix in  a small bowl.
Add 1 cup of soft butter to the rest and beat until soft and fluffy.  Beat in 2 eggs and 2 tsp. vanilla.
Whisk together 2 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, 2 tsp. Cream of Tartar, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.  Slowly beat into the butter/sugar mix.
Make 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in reserved sugar mix, flatten slightly.  Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges are firm.

I remember snickerdoodles from child hood.  I always loved them.

I am having them with a Nilgiri OP tea from the Craigmore Estate in India, via Upton Tea.  The suggestions are 1+ teaspoons per cup for 3 minutes.  This is quite a pleasant tea.  It has that nice fresh scent of good tea.  It is very plain, but sometimes, plain is good, especially with something like those Snickerdoodles.  It does have a tiny bite at the end to keep it interesting.

It's been a very cool August, which I love, but my tomatoes are pouting.  Our first ones were not very good.  They are cherry tomatoes, but they're kind of mealy and flavorless.  They are the stars of "Some Like it Hot"
We went to another Farmers market yesterday and came with such lovely stuff, not the least of which is almost local peaches, local tomatoes, potatoes, and plums.  Oh Happy Day.  On the way we saw some hawks soaring on updrafts and a bald eagle.

The sad thing was the occasion of saying goodbye to dear friends we are unlikely to see again.  I thought my heart would break in two to do it.  Our group gave them a good send off, but I will so miss them.  I am comforted by knowing they will be close to their children who are giving them such wonderful, loving care.

1 comment:

Chennai Cab Hire said...

Thanks for sharing your post